So listen. We weren’t going to make a big deal out of this — we’ve mentioned it once in passing here, and once on Facebook, and maybe a few times on Twitter. Really, we were just gonna play coy and see what happened. Let the chips fall where they may and what have you. But the more we’ve talked about it, the more we’ve realized: this is kind of a big deal.
On March 1st, it came to our attention that we are one of five Best Travel Weblog finalists for The 2014 Bloggies.
This has happened once before. Last year, we were also finalists and it really, truly was an honor just to be nominated. But, like? We’ve already just been nominated. This year we want to win, and we’re pretty sure we deserve it.
We’re not trying to be cocky — we have cold, hard truth on our side. There are many reasons we think we’d rock the “Best Travel Weblog” crown, but here are just five:
1. Because there is a very good chance we are royalty // What you call “delusions of grandeur,” we call a serious possibility. We’ve often suspected that we are long lost members of the royal family — or, a royal family, at least. Any will do. Our suspicions were confirmed when we realized just how well we fit in at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace in Budapest. Then, fast forward to our stay at the Château de Challain and the romantic’s recent royal rivalry with Beatrice & Eugenie the jig is UP. We are def princesses, lost without our thrones.
So what does this have to do with a bloggie, you ask? Um, chello. You don’t want to piss off royalty. Once we sort this thing out, we’re going to have some serious ruling to do, and only our most loyal subjects shall get invited to our first royal soirée.
2. Because we are survivors // We don’t want to play dirty. Our categorical competition is fierce, and we’re sure they are all worthy in their own way. But we have to play the survivor card and ask: have any of them ever survived getting locked in a Viennese dungeon in the middle of the night? Didn’t think so.
As three wise women once said:
I’m a survivor (What?)
I’m not gon give up (What?)
I’m not gon stop (What?)
I’m gon work harder (What?) <<<—— at winning a bloggie.
3. Because we’re, like, really good looking. And REALLY classy // And shouldn’t your 2014 Best Travel Webloggers be both of those things and more?
4. Because Oprah looks up to us // Oh, she doesn’t, you say? Well, then explain this! Here we are at the Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris on November 29th:
And here is Oprah at the Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris on December 22nd:
It’s unconfirmed, but we’re pretty sure we’re one of her Favorite Things for 2014. You’re gonna wanna be ahead of the curve on this.
5. Because, at the end of the day, we just like to travel and tell you about it // And isn’t that the whole point of your favorite Travel Weblog anyway?
We filled you in on what the eff L’Escalade means, we’ve evaluated the pros and cons of backpacking, and we’ve told you why it might be beneficial to know a second language. We share these things because ultimately, we’re hoping that we might inspire someone to want to travel and experience the same things.
If you agree with any of the reasons above OR are fond of The Lazy Travelers for reasons of your own, do us a favor and shoot over to the Bloggies homepage, where you can vote for all of the 2014 Weblog categories. Then, tune in on Monday, March 31st when we’ll be, undoubtedly, drinking champagne, regardless of the outcome.
the romantic & the wino