Oh, you guys didn’t think this was all I packed, right? Bahaha, silly YOU.
Aside from the clothing-type items discussed in my first packing post, the hubs and I each brought one other bag for our extra stuff. You know, laptops, liquids, the usual.
Departure day luggage capture, courtesy of @_theHubs.
The Tech Nonsense.
- 2 iPhones & 2 chargers (curse you, iPhone 5!)
- 1 Kindle & charger
- 1 iPad Mini & charger
- 3 sets of headphones (they’re the little iPhone ones so we just threw three in a bag without thinking)
- 2 headphone splitters (we didn’t know which one worked and because we’re idiots, we didn’t check in advance)
- 1 Canon 60D & charger
- 2 Canon lenses
- 3 memory cards
- 1 FlipCam (probably a stupid thing to bring but whatever)
- 1 Ollo Clip for iPhone
- 2 luggage locks
- 1 headlamp (for camping in NZ… I don’t know, I blame the hippie at REI)
- 1 laundry bag
- 1 tote bag
- 2 travel towels
- 2 sleep sacks
- 2 pillow cases – an adorable 2nd anniversary gift from the hubs, these were my “cotton” present this year. “So that we’ll always have luxury on the road, even in the sketchiest of hostels.”
- Safety pins
- Body wipes
- Toilet seat covers
- 1 inflatable headrest
- 1 steri pen (again: camping necessity brought on by the team at REI, who I’m wondering if maybe they’re con artists?)
- 1 pocket body wash*
- 1 pocket laundry detergent*
- 1 pocket shampoo*
- 1 sunblock stick
- 1 mosquito repellent stick
- 2 mini tubes of Sensodyne because I have the teeth of a 96 year old woman
- 2 toothbrushes with caps
- 1 pack of q-tips
- 5 razors for me
- 1 electric razor for the hubs
* these items are in little tiny packs and look like Listerine strips and THOROUGHLY freak me out, REI. Does anyone else see the common thread here?! (No, not me. Aside from me. Though I am clearly part of the problem).
The Make-Up. Oh Yes, The Make-Up.
BE PROUD OF ME. That is all the make-up I brought!
- 5 boxes of birth control
- 2 packs of Malarone
- 2 z-packs
- 2 packs of cipro
- 1 bottle of anti-anxiety meds
- One bajillion contact lenses & solution because the hubs’s sensitive lady eyes require DAILIES. My three jackets & one vest aren’t looking so dumb now, eh?
- Band Aids
- 1 bottle of Advil
- Blister block
Surefire way to confuse a pharmacist? Ask them to fill prescriptions for anti-anxiety pills, 5 boxes of BCPs, and 2 z-packs. Also, unfortunately I read after our prescriptions were already filled (and fights with pharmacists were already had) that we probably could have just gotten these things on the road, and for way cheaper. However, having battled killer food poisoning while traveling once before, we want access to that cipro and we want it now!
I see our medicinal list as super-preventative, and I won’t be upset if we don’t use much of it… but if I wake up with a headache, no one wants to wait until we can pick up Advil. I’m a monster.
And that, my friends, is our full list of travel necessities—or at least what we’ve deemed necessities thus far. So, how ridiculous do you think I am? What am I missing that I didn’t even think to include and you’re all “omg, you IDIOT” ?? Speak up!